Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Higher And We're Scared To Death

The spring rain lightly sprinkles across their bright smiles
as he laughs deeply spinning her around, both grinning
they stumble together, falling to the ground,
fingers lace tightly as they face each other, giggles subsiding.
They make the shape of a heart, involuntarily,
she reaches out and strokes his cheek as he leans forward and seeks
her mouth, a light movement of a deeper meaning, he keeps
her close in his heart as he always has but now it is different, momentous.
His lips brush her ear as her eyes fall shut, the words causing her to flush
rosy pink, the sparkle grew in her eyes as her heart knew his truth.

"I love you"

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I'm going to have to argue and say that I love you most, and, after reading your glorious poem, I'm tempted to whisper it in your ear. But I think that might be a little weird, even for me. So I'll just type it. I'm better with written words, anyway.

:) You're my favorite poet. You know, aside from all those famous dead guys.