Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler

What I wouldn't give to be your dancing beauty queen,
With a smile that shines and eyes that twinkle,
Hair long and controlled with skin clear and perfect,
and no body issues or a cynical attitude.
Let us forget that I am me-
With a smile that could use some whitening,
Eyes that have never had much twinkle,
Hair up because it does not want to be controlled,
With my body issues and my cynical attitude.

What I wouldn't give to have you falling at my feet,
Dangling in my snared web of compliments and pretty words.
I'd have you wrapped up in pretended perfection,
While I was precariously perched on the princess pedestal.
The real me is more apt to fumble over words,
Wanting to take back the idiotic thing I said
and replace it with the witty remarks in my mind.
I am liable more to point out your flaws,
because I have never been blinded by pretended perfection.

What I wouldn't give not to need you or your love,
Only keeping you around to bolster my inflated ego,
The sidelines would be your best friend and my fallback,
I'd grant you a kiss as likely I'd grant you a hug.
But I am me, and I need your comfort,
In the form of a long cuddle smelling your cologne,
Realizing that I need love and lots of it though
I desperately search in all of the wrong places.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yeah, so I'm thinking you've still got your corner mastered. You're pretty much incredible. For real.

M@ndy said...

Ha. Thanks so much! I just came up with this one yesterday when I was feeling a little lonely...Oh well. Provides good material so whatever.

I love you much.