Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Maybe These Clouds Can Become Brighter

Let me fake intelligence for you,
Let me tell you what you want to hear,
Just to let you know, there is no truth,
I'm lying to you, my thoughts are too dear.
Just enough to scrape by,
That is all I have ever seen,
If I actually told you my truths,
Farther back you would lean
into your own lies.
Wrapped around you like a blanket,
Comforting and safe you do not question,
But oh I am sick of watching you fake it.
Little by little your blanket unravels,
Sparse and bare it willl leave you
naked and turned to the present,
Collapsing is all you think you can do.
But as much as it hurts,
I will hold you up,
Let me be your Atlas,
I will be the water in your cup.
You deserve salvation,
Though you never gave me the chance,
Life holds nothing for you now,
It's lies are as a good as a barb and a lance.
Though sometimes I don't think you deserve it,
I cannot stand by and watch you fall,
Though I cannot seem to,
You deserve a chance to stand tall.

No comments: