Friday, January 18, 2008

For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

The truth is too bold for you,
You look at me with questioning eyes,
How can I see the world as it is,
Thanks to life I'm just too wise.
I'll force you to see,
Though you struggle with the sights,
Cynicism and realism are the same,
The corset of this facade is just too tight.
We're taught to accept,
Don't ask to many questions,
But oh I have so many,
Let me take the time to mention--
I'm a question in itself.
I do not accept normal truths,
To me they are just lies,
Those who do not question are all fools,
The cause of all the world's sighs.
If you take truth with wit,
Or with a story to cover its meaning,
As long as it comes across to you,
It will come with suffering.
But in that comes growth,
And uncovered truths will force change,
The world will not stay as it is,
I will force you to see.

No comments: