Thursday, November 12, 2009

Between You and Me

It's not often that I have nothing to say,
I look for words and ways to express,
I grasp and I write but I can't find the way,
Nothing I can say will make you hurt less.
I look for paths to announce truth and hurt,
Your hurt, my hurt, there is honesty in suffering,
But black and white the words provide no comfort,
Emotions are useful, without them words are nothing.
Still, here I am and I can't understand,
Why things happen and life isn't fair,
So the words I pour out don't lend a hand,
But in them I want to show that I truly care.
I care about you and what your life has brought,
I care about you and what you dream,
There is nothing I can say that you'll never be taught,
And everything happens exactly as it seems.
Maybe it's good that I am finally silent,
Life is a struggle and in it you're not alone,
So instead of wasting time bemoaning what's violent,
I'll put down the pen and call you on the phone.

No comments: