Monday, May 11, 2009

It's The Way He Makes Her Fall

What a fool I have been to think you would change,
Once before I fell and got caught up in hope, your range
of lies that were dressed up to impress,
Still I am stuck, still I wish, but now I am less
willing to begin again, I would pick being alone
over checking my messages and chucking my phone
into the walls, into the bed, anywhere at all,
Because that is what I get for the falling
again, I wish you were out of my mind,
My head aches and my heart hurts, unkind.
Your words were smooth, coated with honey I never meant
to get so warmed by the thought of want and need, quickly I bent
farther and faster into your trap.
I am not your whore, someone to fill the gap,
I stumbled and fell and I gave you a second chance,
You took it, you broke it, a shattered lance,
My mistake for believing in you and your promises,
All I wanted was someone to believe in me and my promise,
You have broken me further.
Maybe you will say I never meant to hurt her,
It was all just in fun, no hearts on the line,
Those lies hurt me more than not calling you mine,
The older I get, the less wise I become, because I seem
to forget that there is more hurt than love, my dream
is that I can forget you and leave.
My conviction is that I wish I had never believed.

No comments: