Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Drink Down That Gin and Kerosene

I wish I could bury my memories,
But I can't ever forget about you,
You've left your mark oh you can be sure
of that which makes you last.
I almost choke on the senses of you from
your smile to your eyes and the way you dressed
up all of my intentions for life.

I can't drown in my sorrow.

You are my favorite liar
drowning in your bottles of regret.
The emotional scars you gave me are still
red and raw as the day I received them.
I can't forget about you,
But oh how I wish I could.

What can keep me from falling?

You are the noose around my throat.
One false move and I end up like you
with nothing left and little to care.
You were dead before I even got to
know the real you which rescinds
the you at the bottom of every glass.
It all went to hell and I wish I had
been able to tell sooner that I would
never escape the flames you left behind.

I can't drown in your sorrows.

You are my favorite deceiver,
blanketed in your lies.
But I still wish you were here
because I would even take the bloodshot
you over no one at all.
I wish that I could mention that I still hate you.

What can keep me from falling?

No comments: