Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Want To Hate You (Half As Much As I Hate Myself)

Where did we go?
Lost among the months and years
Friendship that dissolved like antacid
for my heart, it burns.
You used me and abused my emotions
But I loved you still,
Though it kills me to say,
I still wish I had your words jabbing me like a knife.
Did rubbing my heart in the carpet
make me a greasespot in your memories.
I wish for what was,
Though what was is not what is truly.
My eyes clouded like a stormy day,
All thoughts of you were never negative,
though they shoud have been.
I asked where we went,
But there was never a "we" was there?
I was the someone sitting on ice,
wilting and getting freezerburn,
hoping you would pick me, choose me, love me.
Advice for your ear, a smile for your day,
I was never more than that,
And I hate you for it,
But I hate myself more because I did it to myself.

No comments: